Looking for natural relief from pain with medical marijuana? If you’ve been suffering from chronic pain, you might be a candidate for medical marijuana. Medical marijuana is comprised of cannabinoids — the active chemicals which are remarkably similar to the chemicals your body produces which are connected with appetite, movement, pain, and memory. THC and CBD are the two most important cannabinoids (of some 113 different cannabinoids found in marijuana) with regards to medical usage because they help the chemicals your body already produces work more effectively.
Now, if you are looking for more detailed information about medical marijuana, how you can use it, potential side effects, and how you can get a medical marijuana prescription in Virginia, check out our dedicated resource for medical marijuana in Virginia.
Interesting Facts About Marijuana
If, however, you can delay your need for a prescription for just a few moments so that you can read this list of fast facts about THC, CBD, and medicinal marijuana that we’ve compiled, great! Keep reading, because this blog is for you!
- Let’s talk about medical marijuana, since that’s already the topic of conversation. Although the marijuana plant is yet to be considered an FDA-approved medicine, the term medical marijuana is characterized as using the entire, unprocessed marijuana plant (or only its simple extracts) to treat symptoms of illnesses and chronic conditions.
- While the marijuana plant hasn’t yet become an FDA-approved medicine, scientific studies of two cannabinoids found in the marijuana plant has been instrumental in the production of two FDA-approved medications which contain cannabinoid medicals. This medication is taken in pill form, and we hope that it is only the beginning of many more FDA-approved marijuana-based medicines to be released in the coming years!
- Cannabis has become the largest cash crop in the United States. It’s become so profitable so quickly that it has already surpassed wheat and corn — combined!
- People have some pretty strong feelings (and laws) about “pot”. For instance, in 2008, an English man got locked up and put away for four years in Dubai after customs officers found .003 grams (that’s one ten-thousandth of an ounce!) of cannabis in the butt of a cigarette on his person. Well, it wasn’t exactly on his person; it was stuck to the bottom of one of his shoes!
- Sticking with the international theme, let’s hop on over to North Korea, where it’s legal to distribute, possess, and consume cannabis. The government actually recommends it as a healthy alternative to tobacco! In fact, “visitors” have described seeing marijuana plants growing in bunches by many a roadside!
- In Italy, Rastafarians are legally able to possess marijuana. Why? It’s deemed by the government to be a “sacrament” to the religion.
- Speaking of the Rastafarian lifestyle, we’d be remiss if we failed to mention the king — Bob Marley. The peaceful songwriter was buried with his bible, guitar, and a bud of marijuana. One love, Mr. Marley.
- While we are talking about fallen heroes, we’d be remiss if we failed to mention what happened to Tupac Shakur’s remains after his untimely passing — his ashes were blended with marijuana and smoked by members of his rap group, Outlawz.
- In Colorado, where medicinal marijuana has been legalized for a good long while, medical marijuana dispensaries outnumber Starbucks locations three to one!
- Research has shown that a particular marijuana compound is able to freeze and cease the spreading of certain kinds of aggressive cancer.
- Marijuana is the fastest-growing industry in the entire country. If recreational marijuana were to become legalized in all 50 states of the union, the industry will surpass the organic food market very shortly!
- A 2014 Washington State University Study researched how cannabis impacts males and females differently. According to cnbs.org’s summary of the study, the study…”found that females build a tolerance cannabis much more easily than males. The study was done on rats, as they have a menstrual cycle and experience fluctuations in hormone levels in a way that’s very similar to female humans.” Additionally, females are more sensitive to the effects of THC while ovulating.
- THE William Shakespeare appears to have been a partaker in marijuana. There exists a few different articles of evidence which suggest that the renowned playwright was pro-green, as it were. For one, a forensic study used a sophisticated gas operation to pick up trace residue of marijuana in four of the clay tobacco pipes which were taken from Shakespeare’s garden.
- You’ve probably heard that the Inuit people have over 100 words to describe snow. Well, Americans have over 200 words for marijuana, although a key difference is that the majority of the latter group’s terms are interchangeable. Among them are dope, ganja, grass, reefer, trees, chronic, bunk, bud, chiba, Mary Jane, gub gub, and purp skurp — they all essentially mean the same thing.
- Let’s go all the way back to the New World in 1619. In the colonial settlement of Jamestown, the powers-that-were passed a piece of legislation making it illegal to not grow cannabis plants. Hemp is a versatile product that was used to make fabric, ship sails, rope, and other essential products.
- Here’s a practical fact for you, if you happen to live in Virginia. Because of the new medical marijuana law in Virginia, doctors can recommend THC-A cannabis oil (or CBD oil) for any condition. As long as the oil contains no more than five percent THC and has a minimum of 15 percent CBD or THC-A. The “recommendation” doctors write are technically termed “written certifications,” should that information help. Additionally, you can schedule your appointment with our own doctor to get your medical marijuana card in Virginia.
Contact Us Today!
Proudly serving Alexandria and Arlington, VA, My Anti Aging MD offers a wide variety of services. From testosterone replacement and anti-aging treatment to weight loss and medicinal marijuana access, we are excited to see you and help you surmount whatever ails you! Give us a call at any time of the day or night to learn more about what our marijuana clinic in Virginia can do for you!