My Anti-Aging MD
Serving Alexandria & Arlington, VA
The Leader in Anti-Aging
Here at My Anti-Aging MD, we utilize functional, or anti-aging, medicine. The goal of anti-aging medicine is not simply to prolong the total number of years of a persons life, but to also ensure that those years are lived in a productive and satisfying manner.
We offer a personalized, preventative, program that incorporates natural hormone therapy and a nutrition education and exercise plan to help you maintain optimal health and wellness as you age. Our physicians will support you in eating healthy, exercising regularly, managing stress and optimizing hormones to delay the onset of age related diseases and to ensure you live and improved quality of life.
We offer an 18 week cycle of HGH therapy via self injections at home. Our program is physician supervised for your health and safety.
What Is Human Growth Hormone (HGH)?
A complex protein hormone composed of 191 amino acids that is synthesized and secreted by cells called somatotrophs.
It is produced in the anterior pituitary, a gland attached to the hypothalamus, which is located at the base of the brain.
HGH is similar to testosterone and estrogen because it is one of many endocrine hormones that decrease with age.
Starting in our 20s, HGH secretion declines 10 to 20 percent each decade. By age 50, you only secrete 25 percent as much as the average 20 year old. By age 60 we produce very little HGH.
This decrease in HGH speeds up the aging process and increases symptoms of Adult Onset Growth Hormone Deficiency. In women, it signals menopause and in men it signals male menopause, or andropause.
How Human Growth Hormone helps you?
- It increases the amount of IGF-1 that your liver produces.
- IGF-1 stops insulin from transporting glucose to cells.
- After you eat, your pancreas releases the insulin needed to convert carbohydrates into glucose.
- Your body then stores this glucose in fat cells, many of which are found around the waistline, and uses it for energy.
HGH-induced IGF-1 prevents insulin from storing this glucose in cells, causing your body to burn fat for energy.
Potential Benefits of Anti-Aging Treatment
- BONE – Improves bone mass and strength, and aids in the treatment of osteoporosis.
- CHOLESTEROL – Increases HDL (high density lipoprotein) cholesterol and lowers LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, known as bad cholesterol.
- ENERGY – Increases energy and endurance.
- EMOTIONS – Improves mood and enthusiasm for life.
- FAT – Reduces fat tissue and aids in weight loss.
- HEART – Improves cardiovascular strength and lowers blood pressure.
- IMMUNE SYSTEM – Improves the immune system and speeds up healing.
- MEMORY – Improves concentration and mental ability.
- MUSCLE – Increases muscle mass, strength and tone.
- SEXUAL DESIRE – Improves libido and sexual interest.
- SEXUAL POWER – Increases sexual potency and frequency.
- SKIN – Increases skin elasticity and improves skin tone.
Our physicians are members of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M), which is a US federally registered 501 (c3) non profit organization comprised of more than 22,000 members including scientists, physicians and other health practicioners. The A4M is dedicated to the advancement of technology to identify, prevent and treat diseases related to aging and to promote research into methods of prolonging and optimizing the human aging process. The A4m also works to educate doctors, scientists and members of the public about ground breaking bio identical science technologies and advancement in anti aging medicine.
If you are interested in our HGH Therapy or any Anti-Aging Services, call My AntiAging MD at 703-585-8285 or request a FREE consultation online.